Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Love In Penang


Yesterday, I attended my first book launch at the Georgetown Literary Festival. 
Love In Penang is an anthology of 18 short stories published by Fixi Novo. My short story When It Rains can be found in this book. 

It was really cool to meet so many writers and hearing them read parts of their work. Unfortunately, I had to do the same, and I was definitely not expecting to actually have to do that. Needless to say, I was a wreck. I was also over-dressed because I had to attend my cousin's wedding dinner directly afterwards. I got to have my copy of the book autographed by most of the writers who attended the event also. Leroy and Ka-Min left soon after so I didn't have the chance to get their autographs too. 

But all in all, it was great. I mean, something I wrote is actually published. In a book!

Tomorrow, however, I find out how badly I did in my college semester exams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment